These are the tips for your healthy hair:
* Never brush wet hair. This will guarantee breakage. Use a good pick or your fingers to untangle your hair as you dry it. Hair should be about 90% dry before brushing.
* Choose healthy habits for your hair. Any habits that damage your body also damage your hair. Exercise, eat well and avoid smoking and alcohol, or at least cut back. Your hair is just one part of the holistic you.
* Hot air can be damaging to your hair so when using a hair dryer use the cool setting.
* Don’t leave the blow dryer in one spot for more than a few seconds, keep it moving and at a good distance away from your hair.
* To speed up the drying process, pat your hair dry with a towel and let the remaining moisture in your hair dry naturally.
* Gently use your fingers or a pick to untangle any knots while your hair is drying.
* While you swim: When swimming where a cap to protect your hair from chlorinated water, if you choose not to wear a cap make sure you shampoo and condition your hair right after you are done swim. Before entering a pool, wet your hair so your hair will soak up the initial water instead of the chlorinated water.
* You should wash your hair as often as you feel necessary to keep it clean, but a general rule is for oily hair you should wash it every day or every other day and for dry hair 2-3 times a week.
* Try rotating the shampoo and conditioner at regular intervals,your hair responds differently to different products.
* Conditioning after shampooing is advisable, because it’ll moisturize your hair, give it extra protection, add smoothness, reduce static, and makes it easier to untangle.
* When conditioning your hair, try to spread conditioner evenly through out your hair and leave it in for a couple of minutes before rinsing out your hair.